Halloween Special FX
Create a variety of eerie and atmospheric special effects using Halloween dry ice fog.
Create a Witches’ Cauldron using Halloween dry ice fog
- Use a container that looks like a cauldron and is suitable for holding hot water.
- Fill two thirds of the container with hot water.
- When ready to create the fog effect, gradually add small pieces of dry ice to the container, dry ice pellets work best.
- When the water cools, replace it with hot water or reheat the water if possible.
Note: A ‘soup kettle’ commonly found in restaurants and bars has a thermostat that will keep the water hot. Using this as a container means that all you have to do is add pieces of dry ice to maintain the effect.
Image courtesy of Kenmare Halloween Howl
Create a Spooky Graveyard
To create a 15-minute period of fog put 2.3 to 4.5 kgs of Dry Ice into 15 to 30 litres of hot water. To create a more subtle atmospheric fog, use the smaller suggested amount of dry ice.
The fog will flow down toward the ground and in the direction of any air movement. Use a small fan to help control the direction of the fog.
Reheat or replace the water once the fog effect ceases and add more dry ice to your container.
Create a coloured fog by adding LED lights under the fog. Right: A picture sent in from one of our most enthusiastic Halloween customers – their entire front garden converted into a spooky graveyard, complete with dry ice fog!
Create a Halloween Cake
To create the ultimate Halloween Cake, just add dry ice fog effect.
- Insert a small plastic container into the top of the cake
- Place some dry ice pellets (1/4 cup) in the plastic container
- Get the camera ready
- Add some hot water (1/4 cup) – the water will splash so don’t over fill the container.
Many thanks to Jenny’s Cupcakes for the photo of her masterpiece.
Visit Jenny’s Facebook page.
Create a Smoking Pumpkin
- Place a small container of heated water inside your carved pumpkin.
- Add a few dry ice pellets into the container.
- The fog will flow out of the face of the pumpkin.
- Use a torch to add a light inside your pumpkin, as the dry ice fog will extinguish any candle flame.
Unit 3 Portarlington Ind. Est.,
T: +353 (0)578623860
Unit 42 Airways Ind. Est.,
T: +353 (0)18623730
Unit 624 Harbour Point Business Park,
T: +353 (0)214634607
Northern Ireland Office
Unit 47 CIDO Business Complex,
T: +44 (0)2843758045